Re: Play in Pedals - MGA

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Play in Pedals - MGA
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2000 20:28:42 +0000
Barney Gaylord wrote:

> At 02:42 PM 4/1/2000 +1000, Neil Cotty wrote:
> >.... I want to fix the play I have in the pedals [MGA]. There is
> > sideways movement of over 1" on the clutch and the brake pedals. >>
> It is the pedal pivot bolt and the bronze bushings in the pedals.

Thanks... I took this as one of "those things" that makes our little car
unique (OK, I was being slack, then:-)

I have exactly the same problem with my 'B - and I bet most of us do.
It doesn't feel like the pedal is going to fall out and I never 'miss'
the pedal when going for the juice, so I have just put up with it until
now.  I might just have a go at fixing it.

> Other things more pressing, like how do I get the mud from the
> Missouri Endurance Rally out of the Chassis?

At our motorkhana the other day a guy in a little Mazda got so much rear
axle bounce when he would slam the car into reverse and put the foot
down that he was depositing bu dry lumps of mud all over the place.  It
seems he had taken the car on a rally the weekend before.

This might be an extreme way to 'bounce' the dried mud out of the
chassis but it worked for him (and made a mess of the car park).

Eric
'68MGB MkII