Re: Play in Pedals - MGA

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Play in Pedals - MGA
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2000 14:10:07 -0800
I would guess there is some kind of bush where the pedal arm pivots on a
shaft. If not, perhaps you could have a machinist install and drill out a
bush.

On another subject, recalling the earlier discussion about aluminum vs
wood floorboards, I just picked up at a used bookseller a copy of "The
Great Cars" by Ralph Stein (Grosset & Dunlap 1967), in which he discusses
the 25 greatest marques (yes, MG is among them). The author describes a
late '20s Alfa Romeo 22/90 RLSS he once owned as being "murderous to
drive in hot weather. The foot board of thick aluminum got hot enough to
melt the rubber soles of my shoes." So possibly you missed out on
replicating his experience.

Neil Cotty had this to say:

--

Max Heim