Re: Clutch woes

To: "M. Edwin Vaughan" <edvaughan@juno.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Clutch woes
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2000 20:28:11 -0600
I would say you have some bleeding in your future - not money, just
hydraulic fluid. You most likely have air in your line somewhere. The bad
news is that bleeding the clutch seems to take a lot more pumping of fluid
then one would expect.  However, for the good news, the repair will not be
too costly, even if you have to rebuild the master and/or slave cylinder.

Just get a bottle of Castrol or similar brake fluid and an assistant to
pump the clutch. Open the nipple on the slave cylinder when they are
holding the pedal down. May take a good part of the bottle for success.

David
67 BGT
71 BGT