Re: clicking/ticking valve noise diagnosis

To: cessna@speakeasy.org
Subject: Re: clicking/ticking valve noise diagnosis
From: Pointparty@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 18:37:27 EDT
cessna@speakeasy.org writes:

<< personally 300-400 to replace the rocker arm shaft is nuts. >>

ThanKs for the response, however, the price I got for a refurbished shaft,
all replacement the rocker arms and bushings etc runs around $200 for these
parts.  The rocker arms are about $20 each themselves and I counted eight.
But I would agree I probably don't need all the arms if only one is really
noisy.

My skills, time, work space are limited, (mostly skills) and I really don't
feel confident I know how to determine for sure what looks good and
serviceable and what should be replaced or rebuilt.

So if you are near Charlotte and want the job.....it is yours if you
guarantee your work like my professional MG guru does!.......mel