Re: Can anyone find out info on this MGB Roadster

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Can anyone find out info on this MGB Roadster
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 18:41:14 -0700
Oh Kelvin...

On this subject, I thought I'd point out that two columns in the
production data chart on page 5 of the current Moss MGB catalog (MGB-12)
are incorrectly labeled. This error cropped up several editions ago -- it
was correct in MGB-3!

If you are using this chart for reference, please be aware that:

- the 4th column from the left, labeled "First RD/GT built ea. Calendar
Year", should actually be "...ea. Model Year"

- the 5th column, now labeled "...Model Year", should therefore read
"...Calendar Year".

If you doubt me, look at the first entry, for 1962. What it *should*
state is that roadster GHN3/L/101 was built in May 1962 (Calendar Year)
as a 1963 model (Model Year). What it does, in fact, state is that #101
was built in January 1963 as a 1962 model!!!! I think you will agree this
is absurd. Obviously, if you prefer, you could switch the column data and
leave the labels as they are -- your choice.

I suppose I should have pointed this out privately to a Moss rep when I
first noticed it, but I just made a note in my catalog and it slipped my
mind, until the occasion I just had to consult it (the chart, not my mind
-- I consult that sometimes on a daily basis).

Cheers,
Max

Andy -- the chart confirms your date, too -- if you switch the labels.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149