Re: [clutch ] - Thanks and more questions

To: "James Porco" <jporco@juno.com>
Subject: Re: [clutch ] - Thanks and more questions
From: "Michael Lupynec" <mlupynec@globalserve.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 16:33:59 -0400
Hi guys, my name is Mike Lupynec, my town is Toronto. Over the
decades I have restored an Etype from basket case to 98 points and
more recently a Bugeye from rust to hopefully a 95 (we'll soon
see). I will be picking up a rust free basket case 1960 MGA this
month and am looking forward to jumping into another project. The
A model has been a

I've been lurking only for a couple of days but I can't let James
Porco go and stab himself. here's the way I see it:

1 - Don't tell the wife everything.

2- James, after doing all the really hard stuff ----"I have
already replaced all the floor pans, rocker panels, front and back
fenders (basically the lower 12 inches of the car).   I replaced
the entire interior and seats, and new rear springs"------  DO NOT
UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES SELL THE CAR BECAUSE OF A DIAGNOSED
STANDARD PROCEDURE MECHANICAL REPAIR.

3- Find a local mechanic, pull that engine out (an engine hoist is
needed), --- forgive my ignorance if this can be done from
underneath (then a car is hoist is nice to have) --- and it should
all be done in a day. Promise this guy your cigarette money, booze
money or borrow from a friend or better yet trade him some
bodywork time.

4- Are there any volunteers from the list?????

5- If all this fails I'll help you if you are in located in
Toronto. OTW send me some email pics and I'll buy the car off you.

Mike L.
60 MGA etc.