Re: [clutch ] - Thanks and more questions

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [clutch ] - Thanks and more questions
From: James Porco <jporco@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 20:32:15 -0400 (EDT)
Again, I thank everyone for their help.   I am impressed that most everyone
considers this a regular maintenance issue, and that I have already done most
of the hard work already!  I guess I better roll up my sleeves and put another
notch in my MG experience.

I have the Porter book (purchase & DIY restoration), Chilton's, Haynes,
Practical Classics Colour GT restoration, and the Bentley manual. Any other
sources I really need?  Also, someone mentioned having the flywheel resurfaced,
is this necessary if I purchase new a clutch plate kit?  Any resources and
costs you can offer?

To put things in perspective this is a rolling restoration, not a frame off
resto.  I just do not have the money, and the car started out in too bad a
shape, to do it 100% right. It is my fun car when the weather gets above 60
degrees here in Columbus, Ohio.  This is why I need to do it on the cheap, but
in the correct way!

Again, thanks for the fantastic advice and help. . .

JP