Re: radio sings the blues-test done

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: radio sings the blues-test done
From: Larry Dickstein <bugide@tfs.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 07:31:41 -0500
Tim Economu wrote:

> Dave:
> >for 24hours as suggested. is it ok to just leave on one battery ( charge
> will
> > flow over into second I assume since they are connected in series).  If
> they
>
> You can charge at 12V if you go across both batteries since they are in
> series. You can charge one at a time at 6V since they are NOT in parallel.
> If you are charging one battery at 6V the current will not flow into the
> other battery. It must be charged separately.

 When you guys get this one solved, how about some help on my lawn tank sprayer,
nee electric golf cart.  Six, count'em 6, 6 volt batteries in series.  According
to a battery tester all batteries are good but show that they need a good
charge.  Leaving the golf cart charger on 12 hours (as recommended) results in
about 10 minutes of steady speed followed by 3 or 4 minutes of dying batteries
trying to get back to the garage.  New soldered connection cables, grounds
cleaned, etc.
    MG content:  When I get the lawn done, I can get back to my MG project.

Larry Dickstein
Lone Jack, MO

1987 + or - Harley golfcart/tank sprayer