MGTD Exhaust manifold

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGTD Exhaust manifold
From: "Stanley Brohn" <stanley_brohn@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 00:20:05 EDT
     Any ideas??

In 1953 I bought a dual exhaust system for my '53 MGTD (maybe made
by Douglas Muffler) which had a two piece cast iron manifold as
well as the exhaust pipes, mufflers and tail pipes. I know there
were at least two made since the parts store that I got mine from
had another. After awhile he sent it back for credit since they
only had two MG's in town at the time. I back to rebuilding a '53
so like most people I'm trying to recapture my teen years. Any body
know where I can locate the manifold? They didn't help and maybe
hurt the running of the engine but they made a lot of noise.
    Please respond to      stanley_brohn@hotmail.com

Thanks, and I enjoy the list.     Stanley