Re: Praying to Lord Lucas 77B

To: "Andrew Proudfoot" <amproud@nf.sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: Praying to Lord Lucas 77B
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 08:41:09 -0700
It will keep clicking until it achieves fuel pressure or self-destructs,
your choice  ; )

Maybe you could disconnect it while troubleshooting the lamps.

I don't know about the harness on a 77, but on my 66 there is a massive
cluster of wire connectors at the firewall under the dash more-or-less
above the clutch pedal, where the turn signal, parking lamp, headlight,
and high beam wires all come together. Cleaning and correctly connecting
this bundle solved 90% of my electrical gremlins. You might look for a
similar chokepoint. But I bet it's a connection problem, not a switch.

Andrew  Proudfoot had this to say:

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149