How much would you pay for advice

To: "MG Nuts" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: How much would you pay for advice
From: "David Hill" <Davhill@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 20:53:09 +0100
Hello, All.

I am setting up a paid advice service soon, for British Classic Cars. This
will be backed by my 26 years' expewrience with Brit classics-owning,
running, restoring-plus the contacts I have made in 15+ years' freelance
journalism for classic and kit car mags.

Now, hold the flamethrowers because I'm not advertising, nor would I on this
list. But I do need some help in setting the rate.

The providing company is American so I need to know what you think is a
reasonable rate for sage advice. In the UK, I would put it at about £5
sterling per successful answer-no charge if I'm unable to satisfactorily
answer the question.

What would be the equivalent in the US? In the UK, the proposed price is
about 1.5 gallons of fuel, a bit more than a car mag, less than a cinema
ticket, etc. The company wants 20%, or $2, whichever is the greater, per
query.

Any suggestions? Sensible, that is...;-)

Dave Hill

Can I Telework for you? See what I do, at...
http://www.angelfire.com/biz4/davtel/index.html
Troubled by a phobia? Know someone who has one? Go to...
http://www.angelfire.com/de/ukphobias/index.html