Re: [Re: Brakes?]

To: keeble <keeble@inwave.com>
Subject: Re: [Re: Brakes?]
From: Matthew Trebelhorn <matttrebelhorn@netscape.net>
Date: 17 Apr 00 09:06:22 EDT
keeble <keeble@inwave.com> wrote:
> Try backing out the mechanical brake light switch on the pedal box cover
> until the lights nearly come on. If the switch has been changed and not
> adjusted properly [set too deep] it will cause the symptoms you
> describe.........Doug Keeble
>
> Matthew Trebelhorn wrote:
> >
> > I have an intermittent problem -- occasionally, one of the front discs
> > my '70 MGB will drag.  Sometimes left, sometimes right, once both.

I tried this -- re-adjusted the brake light switch -- last week.  It was
pretty close to right to begin with, but I loved the idea that such a
simple thing could be the source/cure of my problem.  Unfortunately, it
was not.  The only other suggestion I saw was to remove the
teflon/stainless steel felx hoses and poke something through them to see
if they are clear.  I don't want to do that.  Any suggestions on
diagnosing other than replacing components until it stops happening?

Thanks all,
Matt