Rear end clonk

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear end clonk
From: wizardz@maxinter.net
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 08:41:59 -0400
I'm about to open up my rear end to resolve the 'clonk'

QUESTION: the axles must come out to remove the pumpkin
from the diff case right? How much of the hub/wheel/backplate  do I
have to take apart just to back the axles out enough to remove diff assy?

Is the 'clonk' the spider thrust washers are worn or is it the main carrier
side thrust bearings that are the prime reason for the 'clonk'  ?

Paul Tegler  wizardz@toad.net   http://www.teglerizer.com (new layout)
OBie - '73 BGT - daily driver
Punkin' - '78 Spitfire - corner ripping screamer
Lil' Greenee - '73 RWA Midget - lady killer