Re: Running w/o thermostat

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Running w/o thermostat
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 11:17:51 EDT
In a message dated 4/19/00 8:26:18 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
ckotting@iwaynet.net writes:

<< Water will follow the path of least resistance to flow, and the thermostat
 adds resistance at a key point.  If you MUST run without a thermostat, use
 a blanking sleeve to approximate the desired resistance. >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You can take the old thermostat and remove the spring and valve from it,
leaving the mounting plate with a hole in it as a blanking plate.  But I
agree with the others.  Just flush the system and put in a good thermostat.

You can use a 160 deg. F 'stat if you live in a warm climate.  Use a 180 or
195 if it is winter and you want some extra heat.  And there is no sense in
testing a thermostat in a bucket of hot water.  If you went to all the
trouble to take it out, just replace it.  We tight too, but not that tight!

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport