Story time!

To: mgs@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Story time!
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 11:17:51 EDT
Well, I took my first big trip this past Saturday in my '77 Midget.  Not real
big, but it was the longest I've driven the car in one day.  I went from
Philly to Ocean City, NJ for a Laurel and Hardy club parade and banquet.
(Seems to fit right in...the Boys and LBCs.)  It was about 150 miles total.

POURING RAIN ALL DAY!!!!  (Sorry Larry, the hood was up.)  I found the two
obligatory leaks under the dash.  One on my left leg and the other would be
on the passenger's left leg.  Not real bad, so I'm not going to spend time
looking for them.  (The leaks, not the passenger's leg.)

The car ran almost flawlessly all day.  The only engine related problem was
an exhaust explosion once.  I was driving at about 55 MPH for maybe 15
minutes and had to slow down for traffic.  Pushed in the clutch and BANG.  I
assume it is just running a little rich, so I will fiddle with the Weber
sometime.

I never got to drive in the parade because they told us the wrong meeting
place.  By the time we found the parade, it was about to start and my car was
5 blocks away.  We walked instead.  Lots of Laurel & Hardy lookalikes, plus
Groucho, Harpo, W.C Fields, Carmen Miranda, and a wonderful Abbott and
Costello team who did a PERFECT "Who's on First" routine.

A great banquet followed with guests including two of the Little Rascal kids
(now both 75 years old) and one of the Munchkins from Wizard of Oz.

Then a late night drive home in the rain with very little traffic.  Still a
nice day and a good confidence builder for me.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport