Re: prestige tops

To: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Subject: Re: prestige tops
From: Dan DiBiase <dibiase@home.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 14:46:18 -0400
Jay, until I got a reprint of my Driver's Handbook, I also had
difficulty with this. Basically, you have to collapse the top with the
rear window spread out over the trunklid, then fold in the 2 small
quarter windows, then ROLL the rear window (with the quarters folded on
top OVER the entire top bundle, towards the front. Then there are 2
restraining straps that wrap around the top to hold it in place. The
entire top folded, is now like a roll... This way, it lowers totally
beneath the level of the body and creates a very flat surface when the
top cover is put in place. Pretty slick, once you get the hang of
rolling it really tight, and the rear window doesn't get any wrinklier
than it normally is!!

If this doesn't make sense, let me know off-list and I can scan you the
appropriate pages from the Handbook.

Dan D
Dayton, NJ
76 MGB Tourer