Re: In search of Better Brakes...

To: "'mvheim@studiolimage.com'" <mvheim@studiolimage.com>,
Subject: Re: In search of Better Brakes...
From: John Steczkowski <stecz@Crossroads.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 22:19:27 -0500
Just about every car available today has vented rotors (at least on the
front)... Even those with aftermarket drilled rotors are vented as well.

By the way, most racers don't drill their rotors. It removes mass and they
tend to crack where the holes are drilled. Porsche's have cast in holes. If
anything, racers use slotted rotors which have a groove machined on the
surface. Less mass is lost and the groove performs the same function as the
holes.