Re: In search of Better Brakes...

To: James Nazarian Jr <James.Nazarian@Colorado.EDU>, Gonaj@aol.com
Subject: Re: In search of Better Brakes...
From: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 13:58:36 -0400
This cocktail must get the brake pads all fired up so that they push harder
on the drum/disks (with cries of "Stop the motion you peasants") as
obviously that is the only way to multiply the pressure exerted by the foot
on the brake pedal.  Could this wonderful fluid be applied to politians?
However, if this fluid heats (and thus expands) under pressure we may have
a winner albeit tricky to gauge by the applied foot.

At 07:01 AM 4/25/00 -0600, James Nazarian Jr wrote:
>I'm curious, does it involve greater downforce, larger tires, and lighter
>weight?
>
>James Nazarian
>'71 B roadster
>'71 BGT rust free and burnt orange
>'63 Buick 215
>
>On Tue, 25 Apr 2000 Gonaj@aol.com wrote:
>
>> A chemist friend of mine has developed a cocktail to replace the
standard DOT
>> 4 or DOT 5 brake fluid.  It is not commercially available, you have to
>> collect the ingredients and mix it yourself but it will double the braking
>> power of a standard system.
>>
>> George

Regards
Barrie Robinson