Re: $#%^&@ Front Tonneau Snaps

To: BobMGT@aol.com
Subject: Re: $#%^&@ Front Tonneau Snaps
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 14:30:12 -0400
Bob,
  The original tonneau for my '75 had a small brass grommet in the corner
of the flap that covers the roll-up windows in the door and tucks in
behind the vent window, and then there was the button fastener that snaps
(and unsnaps) to the base of the windshield post.
  Into that grommet I put a piece of 1/8 inch nylon line, looped so that
the two ends were free. Those ends I tied behind the door mirror.  Not
only did that stop the tonneau from disconnecting its snaps at the
windshield, but also damped the vibration in the door mirror.
  Replacement tonneaus did not come with that grommet.  I bought them and
installed, and was glad I did.  This string to mirror tie also keeps the
weight of a heavy downpour from dropping the tonneau and 100 gallons of
water into the car.
Bob