RE: $#%^&@ Front Tonneau Snaps

To: "'BobMGT@aol.com'" <BobMGT@aol.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: $#%^&@ Front Tonneau Snaps
From: "Garner, Joseph P." <JPGarner@UCDavis.Edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 00:15:30 -0700
I have the same problem with my tonneau. it's kinda old, and i guess it has
shrunk just a tiny bit from it's original fitting. It's bloody hard to get
the poppers onto the windshield posts. I find the easiest is to zip up the
two zips behind the seats, and the one up the middle all but the last 3".
Then put on the popper each side just behind the door. Then the centre
popper, and then the windshield poppers and then work back, and then do up
the last 3" of the centre zip. It took me a while to figure it out by trial
and error. but before i could never get the front ones on, or they would
jump right off. this way they seem to tension right and stay on just fine.

hope that helps

cheers

Joe

_________________