New head studs for new head mounting

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: New head studs for new head mounting
From: Enrique Claure <spanlab@ceibo.entelnet.bo>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 17:31:06 -0700
Hi list,  some time ago I told the list that I had mounted my valve head
with RTV copper silicone. I was told that I should not have done this since
silicone does not withstand well to gasoline. Heat does not seem be the
problem.  I have not heard anyone on the list get away with this so unless
this happens I  plan on removing the head and put a new gasket in.
Question. I used new head studs for the first try. Should I use new studs
again? Thanks, Enrique
SPAN Inc (Miami Forwarding office)
10580 NW 8th Lane
Miami Fl 33172