Re: I flunked electronics 101, help please

To: PAINTRIX@aol.com
Subject: Re: I flunked electronics 101, help please
From: Bill Saidel <saidel@crab.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 22:05:29 -0400 (EDT)
Don't know if it is a good idea, but when I hooked up my new radio, I
tapped into the cigarette lighter because it is always on and I don't
smoke.

Bill S.

On Sat, 29 Apr 2000
PAINTRIX@aol.com wrote:

> I am cleaning up a mess left by the PO of my 78B during his attempt to hook
> up a radio/cassette sound system.  Everytime I turn the engine off I loose
> all the preset stations.  The instructions say to take one of two "power"
> wires and connect it to a 12V unswitched power source.  I gather that wire
> gives the radio enough juice to remember everything.  The question I have is
> where is the best unswithched power source? Could I tap into the "hot" wire
> powering the headlamps? Or should I use a cleaner connection
> like________________(please fill in the blank)
>
> The sun is out and about 70 degrees  and I'm in garage scratching my head,
> the same weather is predicted for tomorrow so any overnight help would be
> appreciated.
> Steve Petrosky
> Cinti, Ohio

Bill Saidel           (856) 225-6336
Dept. of Biology      (856) 225-6312 FAX
Science Building      E-Mail: saidel@crab.rutgers.edu
Rutgers University
315 Penn Street
Camden, NJ 08102-1411
USA
For more information about my science, check
      http://crab.rutgers.edu/~saidel/saidel.html

"Sacred cows make divine hamburgers."