Re: I flunked electronics 101, help please

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: I flunked electronics 101, help please
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@iname.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 12:33:38 -0600 (MDT)
The unswitched power source needs to be one that does not get turned
off when you turn off the key.  I would imagine that the headlamps line
would work, though you may consider other unswitched options as well
that allow less current or perhaps put another fuse inline as the line
to your radio will ALWAYS be on.  You may want to put the car on a
charger in the winter time to avoid killing the battery if you don't
drive it year round.

On Sat, 29 Apr 2000 15:30:44 EDT, PAINTRIX@aol.com wrote:

>I am cleaning up a mess left by the PO of my 78B during his attempt to hook
>up a radio/cassette sound system.  Everytime I turn the engine off I loose
>all the preset stations.  The instructions say to take one of two "power"
>wires and connect it to a 12V unswitched power source.  I gather that wire
>gives the radio enough juice to remember everything.  The question I have is
>where is the best unswithched power source? Could I tap into the "hot" wire
>powering the headlamps? Or should I use a cleaner connection
>like________________(please fill in the blank)
>
>The sun is out and about 70 degrees  and I'm in garage scratching my head,
>the same weather is predicted for tomorrow so any overnight help would be
>appreciated.
>Steve Petrosky
>Cinti, Ohio

Andrew Lundgren