Re: [Fwd: Historic Plates -Reply]

To: microdoc@apk.net, MGTD1952@cs.com
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Historic Plates -Reply]
From: MGTD1952@cs.com
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 08:18:56 EDT
In a message dated 4/29/00 10:26:09 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
microdoc@apk.net writes:

<<
 PS Can anyone confirm a story I heard, that NJ threatened to wage war on NY
 over the disputed ownership of an island in the NY harbor area? NJ hasn't
much
 else, but no one can say they don't have a sense of humor. >>

AND WE WON THAT WAR!! On top of that, we're getting all our NYC tax dollars
back for the last year.  Ahhh, it's great to live in Jersey!  Beautiful
beaches, scenic mountains, and everything in between.  Please keep spreading
the rumours, as it makes people want to stay away, and then we true Jerseyans
can enjoy the splendor all to ourselves!

At least we are not home to the highest point of elevation on the eastern
seaboard.  That honor goes to New York with the Fresh Kills Landfill on
Staten Island.  When they finally close that dump, I hear they're turning it
into a ski slope!