Re: Painting wire wheels.....

To: MGALUVR@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Painting wire wheels.....
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 11:35:02 EDT
In a message dated 4/30/00 1:05:10 AM Eastern Daylight Time, MGALUVR@aol.com
writes:

<< I recently spray painted my wire wheels on my MGA with a couple of coats
of
 silver paint. They came out looking pretty good. I also bought four new
 knockoffs to help spruce it up a little. I took my time about it and did a
 good job. Should I now seal the silver paint job with a clear coat ? Can
 anyone recommend a good clear coat sealer, or some other method of
protecting
 the paint? Thanks in advance....... >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Make sure you get one that is compatible with the silver paint you used.
>From the "I learned the hard way" library...I painted my Rostyle wheels with
Eastwood Detail Silver, then hand painted the inner black parts with
Rustoleum.  Then I used a Duplicolor wheel clear coat to protect all.  Well,
it protected the Eastwood paint by removing the Rustoleum!

I had the brains to try it on the spare wheel first, so I minimized my
additional work.  Try to stick to the same brand of paint, and test it on
another piece of metal painted with the same paint first.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport