Re: Electric MGA with big money backing

To: barneymg@ntsource.com
Subject: Re: Electric MGA with big money backing
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 17:08:43 EDT
In a message dated 5/2/00 3:44:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time, kevins@khoral.com
writes:

<< On Tue, 2 May 2000, Barney Gaylord wrote:

 > Just thought a few of you might be interrested in an electric car
 > conversion going on with an MGA.  Check here:
 >     http://www-woolf.uta.edu/millenergy >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

And the conversion only costs $115,068, plus the cost of a '57 MGA.  The home
page says, "We are developing a kit so that anyone can convert a 1957 MGA,
into an electric vehicle."  As if there are all those '57 MGAs just sitting
around.  I think they have a way to go before they approach something
practical.

Besides, Honda has a hybrid car on the market already, and it probably has
disk brakes.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget