Re: The dreams of youth......

To: tonyw@mailmedia.com, Mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The dreams of youth......
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 17:17:44 EDT
tonyw@mailmedia.com writes:

<< My son's dream (he's almost 15) has been for a couple of years now to own
a vintage VW Bus (pre 1966 - split front windshield).

 We went to a VW car show this weekend and he is now thoroughly discouraged.
Seemingly everything restorable has been restored.  Everything else is a
rust-bucket.

 LBC content - -  He now thinks that an MGB-GT is "just the right car for
him".  >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Cool!!  I had a '67 Bus back in the mid-'70s.  I was very successful at
turning it into a rust-bucket with very little intervention on my part.

I'd suggest a B-GT also (or actually a Midget which is a better babe magnet).
 The bus was fun to drive, but in a much different sense than an MG.  I used
to use the term "gathering speed" instead of "accelerating", just to give you
an example.

There are 32 MGB-GTs listed at
http://www.traderonline.com/coll/search/index.shtml
and you should also check out