No Brake Lites

To: MGS@autox.team.net
Subject: No Brake Lites
From: mistebar@juno.com
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 08:01:20 -0700
I have a 68 MGBGT, and removed the "box" surround the pedals to adjust
the play in the clutch pedal. The clutch works great, but now I don't
have any brake lites!! It looks simple but I am having problems with it.
I removed the "insides" of the switch from the case. When I put it back,
no brake lites. I pushed in the plastic switch lever inside the switch
with my finger, and no brake lites. Does this mean the brake switch is
not working, or does it have to be grounded or something to do this?
There is a nut on the Box, which is very tight. Is this welded on, or
does this hold the brake switch in place? I could not move the brake
switch by turning it and was concerned about doing more damage so thought
I should check in about it. If the Switch is bad, is this a Moss type
part or can I get it locally? Looks like the lugs of the switch are
solder to the wires, or is there a conncection some where??

Thanks for your help

Mike
Mistebar@Juno.com