Re: No Brake Lites

To: mistebar@juno.com
Subject: Re: No Brake Lites
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 10:47:46 -0400
Mike,
  You reported that you pushed the button on the switch w/o brake lights
appearing.  Have you tried touching the two wires that lead to the switch
to see if the brake lights light?  My experience with my '72 GT was
similar--brake lights worked fine. R&R master cylinder, after which there
were no brake lights.  R&R the switch, still no brake lights.  Answer
--clean (better) the connections of the switch's wires to the car's
wiring.  Connections all over the car were dirty when I got it, but these
two were very dirty, and that was the problem.  Nut is welded into the
cover, to provide threads for the switch. The switch itself is nothing
special. You can use the MG unit or substitute one that is similar from
the stock of a local auto parts store.
Bob