Re: MGTD Rattle

To: mrazor@mis.net
Subject: Re: MGTD Rattle
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 6 May 2000 18:00:48 -0400
Mike,
  Are you sure that the engine is centered in the car?  Look at the upper
radiator hose-it should run straight from thermostat to radiator. If it
doesn't, adjusting the engine stabiliser turnbuckle would solve the
generator/bonett interference.
  If the engine is centered, is the stabiliser doing its job? You should
be able to push the engine off to one side about 1/8 inch, and pull it
back toward you about the same amount if the stabiliser's rubber bushings
are in good shape.
  If both above are OK, I would suspect that the belt is too long.  If
that turns out to be the case, let me know. I'll put a string around the
pulleys on my belt that fits right and let you know what the outside
measurement is.
Bob