Transmission lock up

To: "mg list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Transmission lock up
From: "John J. Black" <transmancat@bbnow.net>
Date: Sat, 6 May 2000 21:36:11 -0700
Hi Andrew
After the gearbox rebuild did you try to spin the input an output shafts and
select all the gears in turn before you put the box back in the car?
Without the unit being powered I cannot think of anything that would lock
the unit up without it having been locked up before it went in the car.
Did you have the selector mechanism off the gearbox again after it was
built? The only ideas I have is that you have a selector problem and two
gears are selected. Or the pump piston has missed the cam and has jammed up
the mainshaft.
Regards
John J Black
Waterloo Drivetrain Systems