Re: (Lawrie) Low oil pressure

To: "Bruce Burrows" <bburrows@webtv.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: (Lawrie) Low oil pressure
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 08:01:43 -0700
Which, again, pre-supposes that the amateur mechanic has a slide-hammer with
which to remove the main caps, as well as a torque wrench that reads
accurately to 70 ft. lbs. to replace them.

The purpose of my note to Max was not to say that this job cannot be done.
Anything can be accomplished given enough effort, knowledge and ingenuity. I
was trying (and apparently failing) to make the point that it is a very
difficult job, not one for the inexperienced mechanic. I felt that Max's
original note gave the impression that it's OK to buy an engine with known
bad main bearings, on the assumption that changing them was something the
average person could do about as easily as changing rod bearings.

Lawrie