Re: identifying fuel pump

To: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>, "'Jouke Bloem'" <jbloem@bart.nl>
Subject: Re: identifying fuel pump
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 19:21:10 +0100
1968 was a negative ground year but it was the first, so confirm that your
car was not manufactured in 67 as a positive ground car before you buy a new
pump.  The later pumps have diode points protection instead of a capacitor
and connecting the wrong way round will damage wiring and destroy the diode.

PaulH.