Good weekend for LBC's

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Good weekend for LBC's
From: "DENNIS COX" <djc@appsig.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 10:15:23 -0700
It was a good weekend for british cars in northern California this
weekend.  Saturday was MG's at Jack London Square and the Dixon All
British Car Meet and Swap Meet was on Sunday.  I opted for Dixon.  Did
any one make Jack London Square?  I'd like to know how it was.  I left
the bay area Saturday for a 160 mile drive to Ukiah.  No top!!  It was
HOT!!!  Pushing 100 degrees!!!   The car ran flawless.  Temp guage sat
at 190 the whole way.  Sunday morning left out of Ukiah at 7:00 in
morning with a 68 MGBGT, a 65 MGB and a Jensen Healey.  We drove all
back roads through the wine country to Dixon.  Wonderful drive.. It was
the highlight of the weekend!  Didn't find anything in the swap meet but
there where some very nice cars too look at.  Wasn't a real big show but
it was nice. The drive home was grouling... Took hwy 80 into the bay
area.. Again.. Temps in the 100s!!  Two hours in a convertabe with a
black interior can take a lot out of you.  I did play with a Triumph GT6
on the way home..  This car was fast!  We paced for several miles with
my tach a little over 6500!!!  I had to back off and let him go..  Other
than a little heat exhaustion and slight sunburn I did well..  The car
ran flawless..  Never overheated and ran fast..... Put 500 miles on
it!!!