Good Weekend for LBC's

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Good Weekend for LBC's
From: Nina Barton <ninab@scoresheet.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 16:54:23 -0700
DENNIS COX said:
It was a good weekend for british cars in northern California this
weekend.  Saturday was MG's at Jack London Square and the Dixon All
British Car Meet and Swap Meet was on Sunday.  I opted for Dixon.  Did
any one make Jack London Square?

102 cars made it to the Jack London Square MG show.  As this year's
president of the MG Owner's Club of Northern California, I felt that it was
my duty to be on hand for this show.  My car was out of commission, as I'm
putting in a new interior and it's going slower than I had hoped, but I had
the opportunity to drive a friend's 58 ZB Magnette to the show.  What a
nice little sedan!!  This car lives in Palo Alto, so we went down on Friday
afternoon and picked it up, then I drove it home and to the show on
Saturday.  Spent Friday being scared I was going to do something wrong, and
Saturday it felt like I'd been driving it all along.  I did leave plenty of
room for the car in front of me, as I wasn't sure of the drum brakes and
how long it would take to stop, but didn't have any problems.

The car show was hot and sunny.   We had a little more space to show the
cars in, so the field looked a little sparser than usual (we generally have
100-130 cars), but it was a great friendly time.  Lots of these cars have
been fixed up, but we definitely throw in the daily drivers and slightly
beat up ones.  We try and have a vote for daily driver and most improved,
as well as technological innovation (this year it went to an A which had a
spruced up engine).  Due to computer problems, the award ceremony was
delayed by 1/2 hour (the laptop wouldn't read the disk), but I think
everyone went away happy.  We'll try and advertise it a little more next
year, so that you know when it is Max!!!     Nina