Fuel pump?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel pump?
From: Brian Warmuth <warmuthb@WLSC.WVNET.EDU>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 10:12:29 -0400
Hi:

O.K. here's the problem.  (59 MG Magnette has an aftermarket elec. fuel
pump---not
an S.U.) Car is running really great...just after a tune-up and timing
adjustment. Stop by the pub for a bite....come out and car starts and
runs long enough for me to get in reverse and back out of the
space..then it sputters and dies and will not restart.

Noticed no fuel pump tick (buzz) So, start by checking the fuses- O.K.
then, power to the pump...pull off the hot lead and it will spark
against ground. So, power to the pump.

What would you check or do next next?  Buy a new pump? I haven't checked
for spark but since I didn't hear the pump that's why I checked it.

Thanks,
Brian