All Readers and Listers

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: All Readers and Listers
From: "Dennis Berman" <dberman@nortelnetworks.com>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 10:12:07 -0500 (CDT)
Members,

Recently I posted a request for advice; '77 MGB blowing white smoke and
compression test showed #2 at 60. I also stated that Art (here in Texas)
wants 5 grand to rebuild her.

Well, first, please let me send to all of you a most sincere thank you.
Several of you responded (immediately) with both encouragement and well
need expert advice. I haven't figured out if a rebuild is required, I'll
be pulling
the head this weekend. Then I'll know for sure.

But, at any rate, several of you responded and I am very grateful for
all the
advice that came my way. Without your expert advice and encouragement,
its likely I'd have just walked away from all the heartaches my little
sweetheart
has given me over the years. Again, thank you all!

And now to address any misunderstandings concerning Art's extremely
expensive
rebuild... Art Ziesk (Owner and Operator of Automotive Specialties,
Dallas) is only
one of a very small handful of Mechanics that I have meet that I can
honestly say
I trust. Art replaced the wiring harness in my MGB about 4 years ago. It
was expensive,
but the quality of the work was outstanding.

This time, with wood floors going down in our house, I can't justify 5
grand for the MG.
I believe that I may be capable of doing most of the rebuild myself
(certainly I can do
the head). This should keep the cost way down, and the Wife less ...
well, you know.

I'm certain I'll be asking for advice again very soon. So, please open
up those books...
refresh your memories... it wont be long now.

THANK YOU ALL for being a part of this list.

Regards, and "Safety Fast",

Dennis Berman
dberman@nortelnetworks.com

'77 MGB - parked for the summer.