Re: Aluminum heads -- spark plug torque

To: "MGB" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Aluminum heads -- spark plug torque
From: "Dave Wood" <djw69@idt.net>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 18:59:39 -0700
Blake or should I call you Bull,

My Chilton's 1961-72 Midget,B,.. manual says the 1275 came about in 1967
with the Midget Mk III.  More important it also give spark plug torque for
14 mm plugs at 30 ft/lbs. for iron heads and 27 ft/lbs. for aluminum heads.
Other sizes mentioned are 10mm at 14 and 11 ft/lbs. and 18mm at 34 and 32
ft/lbs. with the comment that tapered 18mm plugs with no gasket should be
tonqued to 17 ft/lbs. in iron heads.  It also refers to 7/8 in. plugs at 37
in iron and 35 in aluminum heads.  I guess that means that the 3/8 inch
drive twisted just so hard may not be right on?

Dave 72 B