RE: Aluminum heads

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Aluminum heads
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 19:55:15 -0700
ullwinkle,

Jim is very correct on this subject.  Clean threads are most
important
in preventing the problem.  If you reuse the old plug then it is
wise
to clean the threads on a wire wheel.  I usually do this.  If I
don't
have one available I use a rag and fingernail to clean them.
This
usually works.  If there is gunk that won't come out a knife
blade
will take care of the problem.  If you don't have a thread chaser
you
can make one from a old plug by filling a couple of notches on
the
first few threads and running this into the plug hole.  By
keeping the
plug threads clean, most of the time you will not have to chase
the
threads in the head.

zandor