Re: Building a rollover for bodywork

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Building a rollover for bodywork
From: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 07:38:53 -0400
Dave said:

>Could anyone point me to info on the web about constructing a rollover.  I
>have some back problems and I dont think that I will be able to continue
>working on my current restoration project if I have to continue crawling
>around on the floor.  I would appreciate any comments pro or con on the use
>of rollovers for body work repairs.

Harbor Freight Tools sells a 6000 lb. car lift, sort of a scissor jack for
the whole vehicle, for $899.  I don't know if LBCs are high enough off the
ground for such a device, but it looks quite convenient for what you're
looking for.  I think you'd need to buy a motor and lift pads separately.

Regards,

Charles
'74 Midget
'68 Sprite