Re: Classic car smog inspection

To: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Classic car smog inspection
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 06:33:19 -0700 (PDT)
Charles, I am sure others will have more knowledgable
comments, but I always understood that internal
combustion engines were inefficient and it was this
inefficiency that led to all sorts of wonderful things
being passed into the atmosphere. Part of the GOOD
side of the various regulations has been to make
engines much more efficient, by developing new
technology, so now you have 2.0 liter engines (like in
the Honda S2000) generating like 240 hp and being
incredibly clean at the same time...

According to my shop guy, an MGB should pass
inspection (even in NJ) with only an air pump and a
good tune-up. No catcon needed, or any of the other
stuff....

=====
Dan D
Dayton, NJ