Re: Classic car smog inspection

To: "Dan DiBiase" <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: Classic car smog inspection
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 11:32:54 -0400
Well for what it is worth, My Midget passed PA inspection with headers
and a Weber. Not catcon, no airpump. And all settings done by hand/ear
not meters or timing light.

Larry

At this exact moment in time 5/30/00 9:33 AM, d_dibiase@yahoo.com made
the profound statement:

>Charles, I am sure others will have more knowledgable
>comments, but I always understood that internal
>combustion engines were inefficient and it was this
>inefficiency that led to all sorts of wonderful things
>being passed into the atmosphere. Part of the GOOD
>side of the various regulations has been to make
>engines much more efficient, by developing new
>technology, so now you have 2.0 liter engines (like in
>the Honda S2000) generating like 240 hp and being
>incredibly clean at the same time...
>
>According to my shop guy, an MGB should pass
>inspection (even in NJ) with only an air pump and a
>good tune-up. No catcon needed, or any of the other
>stuff....
>

>=====
>Dan D
>Dayton, NJ
>76 MGB Tourer

>Kick off your party with Yahoo! Invites.
>http://invites.yahoo.com/

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
System Administrator/Manager