Re: No power to my washer.

To: "Enrique Claure" <spanlab@ceibo.entelnet.bo>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: No power to my washer.
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 18:53:22 +0100
You should be able to get a test-lamp probe on both the connector socket and
bullet inside it if you look closely, you may just have corrosion inside the
connectors in which case just replace them.  Wire broken inside the
insulation is a possibility for continually flexing cables like in the
distributor or gearlever mounted o/d switch but rare in other wiring, in my
experience.  However I have had a headlamp wire corrode through inside the
insulation where the insulation was damaged.  Pull the bullets out of the
connectors and check continuity using croc-clips and a meter.

PaulH.