No power to my washer.

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: No power to my washer.
From: Enrique Claure <spanlab@ceibo.entelnet.bo>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 23:33:38 -0400
Hi Lucas Gurus,  spent all afternoon trying to get power to my wiper washer
pump, stop lights, reverse lights.  According to my Haynes diagram (77B)
power goes from the fuse 5-6 out as two green cables towards two  four way
connectors.

  Connector 1.  Receives 1x Green Power fuse
box                                Power to Wiper Switch
                        Sends    1x Power to Wiper Motor ----Second two way
<

                         Power
to Hand Break Switch

Connector 2. Receives 1 x Green Power fuse
box                                     Reverse lamp switch
                     Sends     1 x Power to washer pump---------stop lamp
switch< induction heater

                             Break
pressure
failure
Switch

No problem with connector 1

On connector 2 There is continuity among break failure switch--stop lamp
switch---reverse lamp switch towards the washer pump green.

STRANGE thing is that there seems to bo no continuity from the 2nd four way
connector cables towards the green cable that reaches the washer pump. And
no continuity to the reverse lamp switch. Both these cables connect
directly to Connector 2.  ( I tested each cable individually)

The only thing that I can think of is that both these cables have broken
inside the harness while following the path from Connector 2 towards the
washer pump and reverse switch.

Unless I'm mistaken there are no internal connectors that could have broken
loose in this path? Any comments. Have cables snapped in anyones experience?

Thanks again for all the support. Enrique