Re: Separating tie rod from steering rod

To: "MGB" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Separating tie rod from steering rod
From: "Dave Wood" <djw69@idt.net>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 20:45:39 -0700
Rob,

You're right.  Even when it's frustrating and I can't make something work
the way it ought to, I still would rather have grease up to my elbows than
watch T.V.  That Miata is a cute little car though.  I had time to change
the passenger side steering boot after dinner this evening by unscrewing the
tie rod and leaving the tie rod end attached to the steering arm.  I had
placed tape across both tires and marked and measured the distance.  I was
able to get the adjustment as close as I can see to exact.  Within 1/16th or
so.  I figure I'll have to have my front end aligned anyway, but I should be
close enough that it won't hurt my tires any getting from here to there.

Thanks,

Dave 72 B half done