Re: re[2]: Choosing a carb for a '79B

To: "David G.Butcher" <dbutcher@foam.bc.ca>,
Subject: Re: re[2]: Choosing a carb for a '79B
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 09:10:22 +0100
Twin carbs take longer to set up than single because they are interdependant
(adjust one then you have to readjust the other then go back to the first
etc until both are right) but I wouldn't call it hassle.  Brenda's
experiences match my own in that once set up correctly - and not fiddled
about with! - they keep their tune for many thousands of miles.  My V8 has
to pass an annual emissions test (4.5% CO) and I use a Gunsons Gastester
beforehand.  This also indicates the carbs are keeping their tune, however I
find that it consistently reads 2% higher than the garage machine.

PaulH.