Tube shock conversion finished

To: <niederst@telerama.com>
Subject: Tube shock conversion finished
From: "Tim Economu" <economu@whidbey.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 08:09:03 -0700
Hi Craig and everyone:

Anyone have any qualitative test data on the performance of tube shocks vs.
lever shock, when both are in good working order?
A couple of anecdotal quotes I have heard are "really makes handling
better," and "sure improves the ride." But I guess it's my engineer
mentality that requires a little more fact than hearsay. Like does the car
ACTUALLY handle better? How do you know? Does it really improve the ride?
I am not much a fan on blindly keeping the car original, but personally I
plan to keep my car for a long time and fitting parts other than what are
standard easy to replace/rebuild and find, doesn't get me very excited.
Unless there is a actual real performance improvement.
So what about it guys? Is this just a maintenance upgrade, or is there
something else to it??

Kind regards,
Tim.

Tim Economu
Mona '69 MGBGT

Subject: Tube shock conversion finished, now front susp.
Thanks to everyone who responded to what to be wary of in doing the rear MGB
tube shock conversion. The Moss kit (Monroe shocks) was very easy to
install, and everything went pretty smoothly. All rusty nuts and such were
pretty easy to remove, except for the ones that attach the lever arm shock
links to the bracket under the springs, and also the ones that hold the
rebound strap to the axle (as I was warned). Since I had to swap the
under-spring brackets for the conversion, I