MGAs/MGBs

To: jello@ida.net
Subject: MGAs/MGBs
From: "Simon Matthews" <simon_atwork@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 09:43:34 PDT
Phil,

I am surprised that you say the MGA does not have enough legroom. I am 6'0"
and I find that in almost all cars I have to put the seat all the way back.
I can think of only 3 exceptions: my MGA, MGB and a Rover 820 (Sterling in
the US) that I briefly ran as a company car.

The problem with the 'A is that there is nowhere to put one's left foot when
driving on a freeway. There is no comfortable resting position. The chassis
member that intrudes into the footwell makes long drives somewhat
uncomfortable.

Also, I agree, the seats on an 'A' are nowhere near as comfortable as good
'B' seats. Has anyone ever fitted some kind of bucket seat into an 'A'?

Simon ('57 A)