Re: 68B new with questions

To: djw69@idt.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 68B new with questions
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 15:04:35 EDT
In a message dated 6/8/00 11:33:27 AM Eastern Daylight Time, djw69@idt.net
writes:

<< My 72 B speedometer surges from time to time and when it gets to bothering
 me, I pull out the cable and grease it up with Vaseline or whatever I have
 handy such as lube grease.  Some people recommend graphite lube for the
 cable.  I've never tried that. >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

There is a special lube for speedo cables that is a thin liquid with graphite
in it.  You squirt it in the end of the cable and it seeks it's way all the
way down.  Works pretty good.

BTW, if there is an angle drive on the cable (my Rover 2000TC had one, but
not sure about MGs) the grease inside it will harden after a time. (Or a
couple of times.)  Try to figure out a way to clean out the old grease and
inject in some new lithium grease.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget