Re: 68B new with questions

To: "MGB" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 68B new with questions
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 16:40:48 -0700
Dave addressed most of your questions, I think. A few additional tidbits:

25-30 lbs oil pressure at freeway speed would be rather low even warm
with 10/30 (I use 10/40 and usually show 50-70 at freeway speeds). What
does it show at hot idle? At idle 25 would be fine. Do you have any idea
of the mileage on this engine?

The R&T 1968 road test shows 17.6mph/1000rpm. This was with Dunlop 5.60 x
14 tires. The speedometer correction factor was .986 (FWIW). Your tach is
electronic. I am not sure if there is any
adjustment.pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp
pppppp

[Sorry. My cat just "p'ed" all over my keyboard!]

Anyway, hope this helps.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149